McCall Auctions was founded in 1935 by E.W. "Red" McCall. McCall Auctions started as primarily a livestock auction company and over the years has expanded. In 1945, Red and Eleanor McCall purchased the Moorhead Sale Barn in Moorhead, Iowa. Red McCall operated the Moorhead Sale Barn until the mid 1970's. Red continued doing what he loved, working auctions throughout the remainder of his long and adventured filled life until his passing in 1996.
McCall Auctions grew in 1974 when Russ and Loretta McCall began their vision of what has made McCall Auctions & Real Estate what it is today, a full time, full service Auction & Brokerage Company.
Over the years, McCall Auctions & Real Estate has conducted thousands of auctions including livestock, farm machinery & equipment, estates, antiques, collectibles and real estate auctions.
- Russ and Loretta McCall founded the present day McCall Auctions & Real Estate Company shortly after getting married.
- Russ became a licensed Real Estate Broker in Iowa & Nebraska.
- Russ won the job as Principle Auctioneer selling livestock 3 days a week at the Sioux City Stockyards in Sioux City, Iowa, and also was a finalist in the World Livestock Auctioneering Championship at the Humeston Livestock Auction in Humeston, Iowa.
- Russ was a finalist in the World Livestock Auctioneering Championship in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Russ was a finalist in the World Livestock Auctioneering Championship in Amarillo, Texas. Russ was a top 10 finalist at the Greater Mid West Livestock Auctioneering Championship in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Russ was a finalist in the World Livestock Auctioneering Championship in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
- A piece of land in Onawa, Iowa near I-29 was purchased and construction of the McCall Auction Center was started.
- The first auction of many to come was held at the new McCall Auction Center.
- Russ and Loretta's son Brent becomes an official Bid Caller, selling tools on a farm sale near Turin, Iowa.
- McCallAuctions.com becomes one of the first auction website started in Western Iowa and Eastern Nebraska.
- After several years of working and learning from his father and grandfather Brent McCall becomes part of the business as Auctioneer and Realtor. The McCall Branch Office in Omaha, Nebraska is operated by Brent.
- Russ and Loretta's youngest daughter, Andrea started helping with the clerking and computer work within the business and has become irreplaceable in her position. Andrea is a business graduate from the University of Nebraska at Omaha.
- Brent McCall was a top ten finalist at the Nebraska Bid Calling Contest held in Syracuse, Nebraska.
- Brent McCall is Nebraska Auctioneers Association Reserve Bid Calling Champion.
- Brent McCall is Iowa Auctioneers Association State Bid Calling Champion
- Andrea McCall Marries Lucas Meyer on April 24th.
- Brent McCall Marries Kellie Ryan on June 26th.